Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show May 9 at Connecticut Historical Society Marries Designs of Past and Present
Historical fashions act as inspiration for new looks in the Connecticut Historical Society's upcoming event, Haute History: A Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show on May 9 in Hartford.
We love Évocateur, the Connecticut-based jewelry brand whose fanciful cuffs (and everything else) are pure, beautiful artistry in motion. This is what we said in opening a September 2013 story: Katie Couric, Vogue Paris and InStyle magazine are among the internationally-branded arbiters of fashion who have discovered a unique Connecticut gem, the fine jewelry and accessories atelier Évocateur, which alchemizes artisan jewelry-making and high art to create one-of-a-kind cuffs, bangles, necklaces, pendants, earrings and belts—gilded with a proprietary “flecking” process. If you haven't yet discovered Évocateur, which is based in East Norwalk, a perfect opportunity to do so is this weekend at an Évocateur trunk show...
The American Fine Craft Show is at the XL Center in Hartford on April 24-26.
Connecticut's shopping is fabulous, and while some of it is spread out, there are also lots of target-rich environments that are also loaded with fine dining and lifestyle amenities.
Twenty years after leaving Canada and restarting her business in New York, interior designer Alexandra Champalimaud is at the top of her game.
About This Blog
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- Style & Shopping (116)
- Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show May 9 at Connecticut Historical Society Marries Designs of Past and Present | Comments
- New Canaan Trunk Show Highlights Évocateur, Whose Jewelry Alchemy Dazzles | Comments
- The American Fine Craft Show Brings More Than 130 Craft Artists to Hartford | Comments
- Target Rich Shopping Destinations Across Connecticut (Cause It's Finally Time to Get Out & Enjoy) | Comments
- Waldorf Astoria Just One of Designer Alexandra Champalimaud's Triumphs | Comments
- BrãeVal Sporting Apparel’s Scottish Roots Inspire Whiskey Distillery in Litchfield | Comments
- Rossiter Gem in Litchfield Hills, Vaillant House, Gloriously Restored and Updated | Comments
- 'Mad Men' Era Fashion Photographer William Helburn Celebrated in a Book | Comments
- At Farm House Antiques in Woodbury, Industrial Items Become Home Style | Comments
- 'Boardwalk Empire' Props Being Sold in Online Auction by Bridgeport's Black Rock Galleries | Comments