The designer swimwear label Letarte is holding its annual warehouse sale in June in Fairfield.
A charming former elementary school teacher from California has several “secret weapons” at her disposal that make Rolling River Antiques successful enough to have marked its fifth anniversary with its own brand of exuberance.
Discerning shoppers, unleash your wallets. Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods is officially open for business, which means discounts and deals at stores such as American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Coach, Fossil, Gap, H&M, J.Crew, LOFT, Michael Kors, Nike, Skechers, Steve Madden, Talbots, Tommy Hilfiger and many, many more. (See the full list of stores.) Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods celebrated its grand opening today (May 21) at 10 a.m.with an official ribbon cutting hosted by Drew and Jonathan from the hit show “Property Brothers.” Grand opening festivities will run through the weekend, and will feature personal styling sessions with a “People StyleWatch” fashion editor, a design workshop with the...
Theater legend Robert Avian is known for the unique style, class and poetic depth of his works. It is no wonder why some 40 years ago he took what was a hunting lodge that needed some tender loving care in the bucolic town of Kent, Conn., and turned it into a impeccably tasteful, idyllic retreat, one that meshes wonderfully with its natural environment. Avian, 76, a dancer, choreographer, theater producer and director, purchased what is now known as The Lodge at Flanders Mountain in the 1970s. The Tony Award-winner (choreography for ‘A Chorus Line,’ ‘Dreamgirls,’ ‘Ballroom’) quickly began a renovation of the main building, as well as several other structures on the property, and set about creating a magical manmade landscape that rivaled the...
Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show May 9 at Connecticut Historical Society Marries Designs of Past and Present
Historical fashions act as inspiration for new looks in the Connecticut Historical Society's upcoming event, Haute History: A Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show on May 9 in Hartford.
About This Blog
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- Style & Shopping (149)
- New Luxury Guesthouse Tall Tales Sprouts up at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa | Comments
- Stepping Out: July 2016 | Comments
- Alice Washburn Awards 2016: Quaint Washington Cottage Takes Home Top Prize | Comments
- After 40 Years, New Milford's Elephant’s Trunk Flea Market Still Going Strong | Comments
- Stepping Out: June 2016 | Comments
- Stepping Out: Shakespeare in Bloom, Big Red For the Arts, Wines of March and more | Comments
- From Ground to Plate: Gardening Promotes Fresh, Seasonal Food | Comments
- Silky (and Safe) Skin by Hartford-Based Company Nzuri Gold | Comments
- We're STEPPING OUT again! | Comments
- One With Nature: Explore Connecticut's Nature Preserves & Arboretums | Comments