Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
Black Rock Galleries (BRG) is holding its Fall Estates Auction Nov. 10, and it will take two sessions to handle the more than 1,300 lots that gallery owners Grant Panarese and Christie Spooner have spent the last few months acquiring from area estates.
If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (48)
- Westport Designer's Tunics Embody Style and a Story; From India to Harvard MBA, Career and Beyond | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele Wears Connecticut Designer's Dress on 'NBA Countdown' | Comments
- South Moon Under Brings Its Free-Spirited Fashion Sense to Westport | Comments
- Connecticut Antiques Trail to Go Statewide With New Website in April | Comments
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Designers' Exclusive Lines for Connecticut Boutique | Comments
- 'Real Housewives', Stylish Women Will Give Connecticut Jewelry Artist National Profile | Comments
- Kate Spade, Prada, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton & More at Fantasia in Old Saybrook | Comments
- Katie Fong to Have Trunk Show at Richards in Greenwich | Comments
- Diptyque Opens its First Shop in New England in Westport | Comments
- Exhibit Marks 40 Years of Wrap Dress by Von Furstenberg; Her Retreat Is in Connecticut | Comments