Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
Around the time Connecticut’s capital city was taking on an early-evening glow Wednesday, John S. Carusone joined Stackpole Moore Tryon owners Jody and Ron Morneault and longtime men’s clothing expert Tracy Murphy for an informal event that marked milestones in the narratives of both the store and one of its favorite clients.
Starting next Monday, Oct. 21, and running through Oct. 26, the shops at Yale are offering a special promotion in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month that will raise funds for Closer to Free.
About This Blog
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- September 2013
- Style & Shopping (90)
- Vintage and Handmade Style at The Haven Collective in New Haven | Comments
- Fireplaces and Stoves: What You Need to Know About Adding One to Your Home | Comments
- Initially Opposed, Guilford's 'Spaceship' Building an Iconic Landmark 30 Years Later | Comments
- Robert Couturier & 'Designing Paradises' Star at Privet House Event | Comments
- Where Does Nancy Pelosi Shop? At Stackpole Moore Tryon in Hartford | Comments
- Designer Jennifer Butler Debuts Fall Line; Fairfield Library Benefit | Comments
- Project Runway's Mondo Guerra Is Judge for Connecticut Fashion Show | Comments
- Vintage and Funky Style at New Rising Sun Boutique in Litchfield | Comments
- Katie Couric, Vogue Paris Like Connecticut Jewelry From Évocateur | Comments
- Oriental Rugs as Essential Style: Woodbury Shop Marks 10th Anniversary | Comments