“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
Around the time Connecticut’s capital city was taking on an early-evening glow Wednesday, John S. Carusone joined Stackpole Moore Tryon owners Jody and Ron Morneault and longtime men’s clothing expert Tracy Murphy for an informal event that marked milestones in the narratives of both the store and one of its favorite clients.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (34)
- Katie Couric, Vogue Paris Like Connecticut Jewelry From Évocateur | Comments
- Holiday Gifts from a 3D Printer: MakerBot's New Greenwich Store Lets Santas Be Cutting-Edge | Comments
- In Essex, One of Connecticut's Best Holiday House Tours Offers Glimpse of Shoreline Style | Comments
- Style Provocateur at Textiles House to Presidents, Ritz Paris, Tells Scalamandré Story in New Book | Comments
- South Windsor Potter Offers Gifts With One-of-a-Kind Style in Holiday Open Studio | Comments
- Jewelry Trunk Show Brings Small Business Saturday Sparkle to One Connecticut Village | Comments
- Brookfield Craft Center Launches Its Annual Holiday Sale of Art, Fine Crafts | Comments
- Connecticut Artist Wins Global Rug Design Competition in Sweden | Comments
- All Hail Etsy: Holiday Gift Ideas from the Web's Most Ginormous Crafts Market | Comments
- Post Tiffany & Co., Lambertson Truex Handbag Virtuosity at Privet House | Comments