Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
Black Rock Galleries (BRG) is holding its Fall Estates Auction Nov. 10, and it will take two sessions to handle the more than 1,300 lots that gallery owners Grant Panarese and Christie Spooner have spent the last few months acquiring from area estates.
If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
About This Blog
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- September 2013
- Style & Shopping (90)
- Vintage and Handmade Style at The Haven Collective in New Haven | Comments
- Fireplaces and Stoves: What You Need to Know About Adding One to Your Home | Comments
- Initially Opposed, Guilford's 'Spaceship' Building an Iconic Landmark 30 Years Later | Comments
- Robert Couturier & 'Designing Paradises' Star at Privet House Event | Comments
- Where Does Nancy Pelosi Shop? At Stackpole Moore Tryon in Hartford | Comments
- Designer Jennifer Butler Debuts Fall Line; Fairfield Library Benefit | Comments
- Project Runway's Mondo Guerra Is Judge for Connecticut Fashion Show | Comments
- Vintage and Funky Style at New Rising Sun Boutique in Litchfield | Comments
- Katie Couric, Vogue Paris Like Connecticut Jewelry From Évocateur | Comments
- Oriental Rugs as Essential Style: Woodbury Shop Marks 10th Anniversary | Comments