Connecticut is well-represented among the million or so artisans and vendors on this increasingly popular e-commerce site. Here, we pick a few of our favorite local Etsy shops.
The brilliant design team behind Lambertson Truex, Richard Lambertson and John Truex will be offering for sale handbags and other pieces they have hand-selected from their private collection at the shop Privet House, located in the shopping haven of New Preston in the Litchfield Hills.
Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
Black Rock Galleries (BRG) is holding its Fall Estates Auction Nov. 10, and it will take two sessions to handle the more than 1,300 lots that gallery owners Grant Panarese and Christie Spooner have spent the last few months acquiring from area estates.
If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
About This Blog
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- September 2013
- Style & Shopping (92)
- American Crafts for the Holidays Show Opens at Guilford Art Center | Comments
- Former Pandora Executive’s New Endless Jewelry Makes Splash in Mystic | Comments
- Vintage and Handmade Style at The Haven Collective in New Haven | Comments
- Fireplaces and Stoves: What You Need to Know About Adding One to Your Home | Comments
- Initially Opposed, Guilford's 'Spaceship' Building an Iconic Landmark 30 Years Later | Comments
- Robert Couturier & 'Designing Paradises' Star at Privet House Event | Comments
- Where Does Nancy Pelosi Shop? At Stackpole Moore Tryon in Hartford | Comments
- Designer Jennifer Butler Debuts Fall Line; Fairfield Library Benefit | Comments
- Project Runway's Mondo Guerra Is Judge for Connecticut Fashion Show | Comments
- Vintage and Funky Style at New Rising Sun Boutique in Litchfield | Comments