If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (83)
- Vintage and Funky Style at New Rising Sun Boutique in Litchfield | Comments
- Katie Couric, Vogue Paris Like Connecticut Jewelry From Évocateur | Comments
- Oriental Rugs as Essential Style: Woodbury Shop Marks 10th Anniversary | Comments
- Former Revlon Model Now Runs Antiques Shop in Litchfield County | Comments
- Romantic Italian Style Comes to The Shoppes at Farmington Valley | Comments
- Vote for Your Favorite Connecticut Architectural Treasure; Yale Whale, Goodspeed Opera House? | Comments
- Rentable Style in Simsbury Makes Wedded Bliss a Little More Affordable | Comments
- 'House Hunters' Finds Dream Home for One Connecticut Couple; Aired Saturday | Comments
- Bridgeport Family’s Garden Retreat a Labor of Love and Recycling | Comments
- Antique Wicker Brings Perpetually Modern Style to a Connecticut Shop | Comments