Here’s my theory and you can take it or leave it. I contend that Guy Wolff would never have become the Superstar of the Flowerpot if he had set up shop anywhere else but Litchfield County.
Bigger than Martha Stewart,Polo Ralph Lauren, Kathy Ireland Coming to Connecticut for Business Women's Forum
Her company outperforms Liz Claiborne, Tommy Bahama and Polo Ralph Lauren, and, according to a Forbes magazine cover story on this “Supermodel Supermogul,” she also outsells Martha Stewart “and she’s richer, too.” The she is former-swimsuit-model-turned-fashion-empire-entrepreneur Kathy Ireland, of course, and she’s coming to Connecticut in October to inspire other women in an event that raises funds for a Post University scholarship program. A news release Friday revealed that Ireland, CEO and chief designer of the design empire Kathy Ireland Worldwide, the 23rd most powerfully licensed brand in the world, will be the keynote luncheon speaker for the 31st annual 2013 Business Women’s Forum (BWF), Connecticut’s largest and...
A prime shopping district in downtown Stamford will be the venue this weekend for Arts & Crafts on Bedford, with the street closed to traffic and approximately 90 merchants offering everything from photography to jewelry and pottery to fiber arts in a festival-like atmosphere, where there will also be dining in extended sidewalk cafes.
Five years ago William Hildreth possessed an above-average ability to spot and buy premium antiques. As for selling antiques, that was totally foreign to him.
Nest Egg Auctions of Meriden is starting the fall auction season with a strong selection of fine art, rare books, antiques and jewelry, much of it from the last century. Highlights of the Saturday (Sept. 14) auction include a Dieter Waekerlin for Behr sideboard, an Eero Saarinen “womb chair" and ottoman for Knoll, and an Isamu Noguchi Cyclone side table for Knoll. “The market for mid-century art and furnishings is still very strong,” says auctioneer Ryan Brechlin in a release detailing the auction, for which doors open at 10 a.m. The gavel goes down at 2 p.m. “Dealers, galleries, and collectors are already showing a lot of interest in this auction” Items include a James Abbott McNeill Whistler etching of the sculptor Drouet. The early and...
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (78)
- Rentable Style in Simsbury Makes Wedded Bliss a Little More Affordable | Comments
- 'House Hunters' Finds Dream Home for One Connecticut Couple; Aired Saturday | Comments
- Bridgeport Family’s Garden Retreat a Labor of Love and Recycling | Comments
- Antique Wicker Brings Perpetually Modern Style to a Connecticut Shop | Comments
- Vintage Linens by Southern Yankee Style Modern Girls for Back to School | Comments
- European Style of Emporium, Kiko Milano Cosmetics Coming to Yale Shops | Comments
- Vintage Land Rovers as Lifestyle Statements; Muddy Chef Challenge 3 in Lakeville | Comments
- Stylish Support for Anti-Bullying Efforts, Salvation Army in Norwich Area | Comments
- IKEA Celebrates 10 Years in New Haven With Giveaways this Weekend | Comments
- Signed Volumes Inscribed to Glenn Close Part of Huge Newtown Book Sale | Comments