The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (77)
- 'House Hunters' Finds Dream Home for One Connecticut Couple; Airs Saturday | Comments
- Bridgeport Family’s Garden Retreat a Labor of Love and Recycling | Comments
- Antique Wicker Brings Perpetually Modern Style to a Connecticut Shop | Comments
- Vintage Linens by Southern Yankee Style Modern Girls for Back to School | Comments
- European Style of Emporium, Kiko Milano Cosmetics Coming to Yale Shops | Comments
- Vintage Land Rovers as Lifestyle Statements; Muddy Chef Challenge 3 in Lakeville | Comments
- Stylish Support for Anti-Bullying Efforts, Salvation Army in Norwich Area | Comments
- IKEA Celebrates 10 Years in New Haven With Giveaways this Weekend | Comments
- Signed Volumes Inscribed to Glenn Close Part of Huge Newtown Book Sale | Comments
- Young Entrepreneur Opens Classic Italian Barber Shop in Middletown | Comments