Connecticut is well-represented among the million or so artisans and vendors on this increasingly popular e-commerce site. Here, we pick a few of our favorite local Etsy shops.
The brilliant design team behind Lambertson Truex, Richard Lambertson and John Truex will be offering for sale handbags and other pieces they have hand-selected from their private collection at the shop Privet House, located in the shopping haven of New Preston in the Litchfield Hills.
Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
Black Rock Galleries (BRG) is holding its Fall Estates Auction Nov. 10, and it will take two sessions to handle the more than 1,300 lots that gallery owners Grant Panarese and Christie Spooner have spent the last few months acquiring from area estates.
If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (82)
- Oriental Rugs as Essential Style: Woodbury Shop Marks 10th Anniversary | Comments
- Former Revlon Model Now Runs Antiques Shop in Litchfield County | Comments
- Romantic Italian Style Comes to The Shoppes at Farmington Valley | Comments
- Vote for Your Favorite Connecticut Architectural Treasure; Yale Whale, Goodspeed Opera House? | Comments
- Rentable Style in Simsbury Makes Wedded Bliss a Little More Affordable | Comments
- 'House Hunters' Finds Dream Home for One Connecticut Couple; Aired Saturday | Comments
- Bridgeport Family’s Garden Retreat a Labor of Love and Recycling | Comments
- Antique Wicker Brings Perpetually Modern Style to a Connecticut Shop | Comments
- Vintage Linens by Southern Yankee Style Modern Girls for Back to School | Comments
- European Style of Emporium, Kiko Milano Cosmetics Coming to Yale Shops | Comments