Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
Lipitor and Plavix, the two most costly drugs in the database, were prescribed by Connecticut doctors to the tune of about $84 million in 2011.
“Disease-Proof: The Remarkable Truth About What Makes Us Well” (Hudson Street Press), is Dr.David Katz’s program for teaching us the skills to undo the damage we have already done to ourselves and our bodies — and to help us live happier lives in the process.
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- Mystic Mom Raises Awareness of ‘Stealth Virus’ That Can Catch Pregnant Women Unaware | Comments
- Night of Wine and Fun Supports Brain Tumor Alliance in Connecticut | Comments
- Governor Malloy and Tenet End Talks on Connecticut Hospitals Deal--Again | Comments
- Innovative Connecticut Addiction Recovery Program Has High Success Rate | Comments
- College Scholarships Give New Haven Students Promise of a Bright Future | Comments
- Connecticut Cancer Survivor, 7, Named the Kindest Kid in America | Comments
- Branford Resident’s Rare Disease Inspires Push for Newborn Screening | Comments
- Connecticut Boy’s Rare Disease Inspires Sports Drink Used by NFL, Other Athletes | Comments
- Local Musicians Raise Awareness for Organ Donation in Benefit Concert | Comments
- ‘Baby Sleep Whisperer’ Has Secrets to Help Parents Love the Dark Again | Comments