ACGT is the nation’s only non-profit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
Plagued by health problems since her birth on Feb. 4, 2003, and logging more than 30 surgeries in her 10 years, Chelsea was diagnosed with pseudo obstruction in 2011 when she was 8, which has caused irreversible intestinal failure. As a result, she needs a life-saving small bowel transplant.
Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Local Musicians Raise Awareness for Organ Donation in Benefit Concert | Comments
- ‘Baby Sleep Whisperer’ Has Secrets to Help Parents Love the Dark Again | Comments
- Connecticut Firefighter With ALS Gives Birth to Baby Girl | Comments
- Coping With Stress: Advice on How to Recognize and Deal With It | Comments
- 16-Week Premature Twins Faced Seemingly Insurmountable Odds to Live | Comments
- Yale-New Haven Hopsital Practices to Be Ready for a Case of Ebola | Comments
- Beauty Treatments Pamper Cancer Patients at Cut Out Cancer @ Milano | Comments
- Facebook Group Grows Into Organization to Support Cystic Fibrosis | Comments
- McGraw Hill Chairman on Giving Norwalk Hospital $10 Million: ‘You’ve Got to Show Leadership and Step Up’ | Comments
- Guilford Art Center Creates Clay Hearts for Terminally Ill Patients at Yale-New Haven Hospital | Comments