If a patient arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital was suspected of having Ebola or another highly contagious disease, hospital staff immediately would put a stepped-up emergency plan into action.
Cut Out Cancer, Inc. provides free hair and beauty services for cancer patients at Milano Salon & Day Spa on the second Monday of every month.
A simple Facebook page to offer inspiration and support to an ailing friend has grown into the nonprofit organization OutRUN 38, which raises money for cystic fibrosis.
McGraw Hill Chairman on Giving Norwalk Hospital $10 Million: ‘You’ve Got to Show Leadership and Step Up’
At Norwalk Hospital’s Sept. 27 gala, Harold “Terry” McGraw III, Robert McGraw and Suzanne McGraw were honored for the $10 million gift from their family foundation that will result in a new ambulatory care pavilion, the Anne P. and Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center, at a health care facility in one of Connecticut’s most vibrant, diverse and growing cities.
Now, the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Yale-New Haven Hospital has partnered with the Guilford Art Center to create small clay hearts that are put in the memory boxes, given to all families of terminally ill patients.
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- UConn Researcher Studies Depression's Links to Alzheimer’s | Comments
- 7 Artifacts at Yale Peabody Museum that Changed the World | Comments
- New Gem Hall Will Bring Even More ‘Wow Factor’ to Peabody Museum | Comments
- Horses Help Sandy Hook Survivors | Comments
- Yale’s Forgotten Master of Mind Control | Comments
- Yale Researchers Study Life-Extending Hormone | Comments
- Running Debate: What Gear Do You Really Need to Hit the Road? | Comments
- Greenwich Latest District to Consider Later School Start Times | Comments
- Top Dentists 2016 | Comments
- Fighting Zika From Connecticut | Comments