Cut Out Cancer, Inc. provides free hair and beauty services for cancer patients at Milano Salon & Day Spa on the second Monday of every month.
A simple Facebook page to offer inspiration and support to an ailing friend has grown into the nonprofit organization OutRUN 38, which raises money for cystic fibrosis.
McGraw Hill Chairman on Giving Norwalk Hospital $10 Million: ‘You’ve Got to Show Leadership and Step Up’
At Norwalk Hospital’s Sept. 27 gala, Harold “Terry” McGraw III, Robert McGraw and Suzanne McGraw were honored for the $10 million gift from their family foundation that will result in a new ambulatory care pavilion, the Anne P. and Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center, at a health care facility in one of Connecticut’s most vibrant, diverse and growing cities.
Now, the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Yale-New Haven Hospital has partnered with the Guilford Art Center to create small clay hearts that are put in the memory boxes, given to all families of terminally ill patients.
Connecticut is one of the nation’s leaders in per capita rate of breast cancer—why?
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- The Ice Treatment Cometh: Super-Cold Cryotherapy Arrives in CT | Comments
- Connecticut Red Cross Critical in Local Disasters | Comments
- Solving Autism’s Puzzle | Comments
- Derby Company's Spring-loaded Facemask Reduces Facial Impacts for Catchers | Comments
- AIDS Project New Haven Provides Support & Prevention for Population Living with HIV | Comments
- OxyContin Was Born in Connecticut, Did it Fuel the Heroin Epidemic? | Comments
- A Man & His Bike: Danbury Resident Celebrates 15 Years Without Car | Comments
- Healing the World: From Haiti to Uganda, Connecticut Doctors Increasingly Drawn to International Work | Comments
- Susan B. Anthony Project Offers Lifeline to Victims of Domestic & Sexual Violence | Comments
- Students’ Bright Idea Could Help the Disabled Get Going | Comments