Cut Out Cancer, Inc. provides free hair and beauty services for cancer patients at Milano Salon & Day Spa on the second Monday of every month.
A simple Facebook page to offer inspiration and support to an ailing friend has grown into the nonprofit organization OutRUN 38, which raises money for cystic fibrosis.
McGraw Hill Chairman on Giving Norwalk Hospital $10 Million: ‘You’ve Got to Show Leadership and Step Up’
At Norwalk Hospital’s Sept. 27 gala, Harold “Terry” McGraw III, Robert McGraw and Suzanne McGraw were honored for the $10 million gift from their family foundation that will result in a new ambulatory care pavilion, the Anne P. and Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center, at a health care facility in one of Connecticut’s most vibrant, diverse and growing cities.
Now, the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Yale-New Haven Hospital has partnered with the Guilford Art Center to create small clay hearts that are put in the memory boxes, given to all families of terminally ill patients.
Connecticut is one of the nation’s leaders in per capita rate of breast cancer—why?
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- Fight Against Premature Birth the Latest Campaign for the March of Dimes | Comments
- Surgical, Medication Errors Doubled at Connecticut Hospitals in 2013; Senators Address Issue | Comments
- Madison Mom’s Clothing Line Gives Independence to Her Autistic Son and Others | Comments
- Sweet Maria’s 25th Birthday Gift: Cakes to Make Smiles at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center at St. Mary’s | Comments
- “i am a MoSaic” Photography Exhibit Puts a Face on Multiple Sclerosis | Comments
- Runner Raises Funds for Cancer Research on Road to Boston Marathon | Comments
- Mystic Mom Raises Awareness of ‘Stealth Virus’ That Can Catch Pregnant Women Unaware | Comments
- Night of Wine and Fun Supports Brain Tumor Alliance in Connecticut | Comments
- Governor Malloy and Tenet End Talks on Connecticut Hospitals Deal--Again | Comments
- Innovative Connecticut Addiction Recovery Program Has High Success Rate | Comments