Schools and community organizations are working together to serve our children more nutritious food in schools and teach them what it means to be healthy in their everyday lives.
During her weight-loss journey, the Connecticut woman gained thousands of Instagram followers. Now she’s dedicated to helping others lose weight.
One Southbury family is working to strikeout epilepsy with their annual charity walk, Sarah & Southbury Strikeout Seizures (S4) Epilepsy Walk.
The Alzheimer’s Association dreams of a world without this debilitating, progressive disease that affects over five million Americans. It is currently the sixth leading cause of death in the U.S. Unfortunately, we’re years away from that reality. Today, there is no cure or treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, but that only drives the association to push harder for research and policy change, and to provide support to patients and their caregivers. The focus intensifies in June, which is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month. The Connecticut chapter, whose main office recently moved to Southington and operates four other offices across the state, works to help the more than 70,000 Connecticut residents affected by Alzheimer’s. The three-pillar...
Mystic Mom 'Overwhelmed' by Governor Signing Law on ‘Stealth Virus’ That Can Catch Pregnant Women Unaware
Lisa Saunders never heard of congenital cytomegalovirus—a lot of people haven’t—and for pregnant women that lack of knowledge can be dangerous and sometimes tragic.
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- CT Man at Helm of Top-Selling Virtual Reality Gaming Company | Comments
- UConn Professor Announces Goal to Regrow Human Limb in 15 Years | Comments
- How A Yale Scientist’s Paper Has Led to Global Speculation that an Alien Superstructure Has Been Discovered | Comments
- LUNAFEST Film Event Supports Girls on the Run Greater New Haven | Comments
- Steven Tyler & Sheryl Crow to Play CT Organized Addiction Rally in D.C. | Comments
- Greenwich Teen Develops Ebola Test; Named Google Science Fair Finalist | Comments
- AmeriCares Aids Those in Need, Nearby and Around the World | Comments
- UConn Professor Seeks Funding for Time Machine Feasibility Study | Comments
- Ghosts of Science Past: Yale’s Underground Atom-Smashing Lab Converted for Next Generation of Scientific Exploration | Comments
- New Commercial Kitchen Helps to Improve Food Culture in Windham County | Comments