ACGT is the nation’s only non-profit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
Plagued by health problems since her birth on Feb. 4, 2003, and logging more than 30 surgeries in her 10 years, Chelsea was diagnosed with pseudo obstruction in 2011 when she was 8, which has caused irreversible intestinal failure. As a result, she needs a life-saving small bowel transplant.
Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- CT Man at Helm of Top-Selling Virtual Reality Gaming Company | Comments
- UConn Professor Announces Goal to Regrow Human Limb in 15 Years | Comments
- How A Yale Scientist’s Paper Has Led to Global Speculation that an Alien Superstructure Has Been Discovered | Comments
- LUNAFEST Film Event Supports Girls on the Run Greater New Haven | Comments
- Steven Tyler & Sheryl Crow to Play CT Organized Addiction Rally in D.C. | Comments
- Greenwich Teen Develops Ebola Test; Named Google Science Fair Finalist | Comments
- AmeriCares Aids Those in Need, Nearby and Around the World | Comments
- UConn Professor Seeks Funding for Time Machine Feasibility Study | Comments
- Ghosts of Science Past: Yale’s Underground Atom-Smashing Lab Converted for Next Generation of Scientific Exploration | Comments
- New Commercial Kitchen Helps to Improve Food Culture in Windham County | Comments