Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
Lipitor and Plavix, the two most costly drugs in the database, were prescribed by Connecticut doctors to the tune of about $84 million in 2011.
“Disease-Proof: The Remarkable Truth About What Makes Us Well” (Hudson Street Press), is Dr.David Katz’s program for teaching us the skills to undo the damage we have already done to ourselves and our bodies — and to help us live happier lives in the process.
- CT-Based LambdaVision Working To Restore Sight to Those Who Have Lost It | Comments
- Beauty Expo With Oprah-Style Star Power to Empower Connecticut Women | Comments
- Saint Mary's in Waterbury Latest Connecticut Hospital Tenet to Acquire | Comments
- Duncan Sheik, Connecticut Musician Raise Money for Make-A-Wish in Concert | Comments
- Son's Drowning Leads Leonard Family to Advocate for Water Safety Education | Comments
- Music Fest Aids Anti-Cancer Warrior for Women With Dense Breast Tissue | Comments
- 'Eddie the Dog Guy' of Danbury 'Whispers' and Canines’ Issues Resolved | Comments
- Author Jennifer Weiner Speaking at March of Dimes Connecticut Brunch for Babies | Comments
- Connecticut Dad’s (Father’s Day) Pride: Son’s Organ Donation Helps 43 | Comments
- Katie Couric to Feature 'Refeathering the Empty Nest’ Greenwich Author | Comments