ACGT is the nation’s only non-profit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
Plagued by health problems since her birth on Feb. 4, 2003, and logging more than 30 surgeries in her 10 years, Chelsea was diagnosed with pseudo obstruction in 2011 when she was 8, which has caused irreversible intestinal failure. As a result, she needs a life-saving small bowel transplant.
Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
- Lyme Man Swims Coast of New England to Aid Children Battling Cancer | Comments
- UConn Medical Students Cycle for Leukemia Research; Raise $30,000 | Comments
- Denan Project of Woodbury Provides Free Health Care to 50,000 Globally | Comments
- Connecticut Family Wins Award Amid Battle With Rare Genetic Disorder | Comments
- Former NY Ranger Mike Richter Among Those Affected by Concussions | Comments
- Shawshank Redemption Actor William Sadler Supports Healing the Children | Comments
- Naugatuck 11-Year-Old Invents IV Backpack to Help Kids with Cancer | Comments
- CT-Based LambdaVision Working To Restore Sight to Those Who Have Lost It | Comments
- Beauty Expo With Oprah-Style Star Power to Empower Connecticut Women | Comments
- Saint Mary's in Waterbury Latest Connecticut Hospital Tenet to Acquire | Comments