This fall, 45 Bridgeport school students are getting to share in a unique learning experience: Training for nine weeks to become "experts" in Bridgeport architecture, and then guiding tours around the city for their classmates, during which they get to share their knowledge.
Private schools are known for providing students with advantages, and one fine example that’s not among the most obvious is currently on display at The Taft School in Watertown.
Novelist Umberto Eco, whose writings are as textured as a medieval tapestry, made a rare visit to the U.S. Friday to wax philosophical about the cultural leadership of libraries.
Western Connecticut State University in Danbury to Hold Ribbon-Cuttings for Math Emporium and Learning Commons
Western Connecticut State University in Danbury announced Friday that it will hold dual ribbon-cutting ceremonies on Thursday, Oct. 31, for the Math Emporium and Learning Commons, both of which offer new educational options for students.
Connecticut is richer in talented poets than most people realize, and evidence of that will be on display Wednesday, Oct. 16, when a new collection of poetry and other types of short-form writing, will be debuted in a series of special events at Naugatuck Valley Community College (NVCC) in Waterbury.
- Berlin Wall's Fall 25 Years Ago Is Topic of Southern Connecticut State University Forum | Comments
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Comes to Aid of Gateway Community College Students | Comments
- Connecticut Standard Oil Heiress Leaves $40 Million to Virginia School | Comments
- Filmmaking Master’s Program a New ‘Star’ at Sacred Heart University | Comments
- Documentary Ban Fuels Critics of Yale's University of Singapore Affiliation | Comments
- Thirteen Connecticut Schools Rank in Newsweek’s 2014 Top Schools List | Comments
- Daughter of Bridgewater Chocolate Founder a Crimson Tide Golf Phenom | Comments
- Yale's Tax Exempt New Haven Property Assessed at $2.5 Billion | Comments
- WCSU's $97 Million Danbury Visual and Performing Arts Center to Open | Comments
- Teachers Sweeten Summer as Owners of Milford Soft Serve Ice Cream Truck | Comments