The Connecticut-based National Shooting Sports Foundation is spending almost as much as the NRA. Why have so few heard of it?
Walt Disney the man, his company and his iconic mouse all have more links to Connecticut than you might guess.
Dramatic Discovery of Two Whaleships Lost in Arctic for 144 Years Sheds Light on CT’s Whaling History
In 1871, 33 whaling ships, including two from Connecticut and a third with a Connecticut captain and owner, were trapped and crushed by pack ice off Alaska’s Arctic coast. They were thought lost, until now.
Sharon native Teviot Fairservis operates a beachside cat shelter for more than 100 animals in Penang, Malaysia.
The CONNsumer is a new column dedicated to the state’s largest constituency, the consumer.
About This Blog
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- Connecticut Today (603)
- The Birth of Smirnoff & American Vodka | Comments
- The CONNsumer: Save Money by Controlling Your Home on Your Phone | Comments
- Community: Girl Scouts of Connecticut | Comments
- At The Barn Sale in Hamden, Volunteers Keep on Dealing | Comments
- Climbing Connecticut's Cliffs is a Rising Scene with a Deep History | Comments
- The CONNsumer: Avoid the Pain of Returns By Knowing the Rules | Comments
- Derby Creator of ‘Defender’ Facemask Sole Survivor of Plane Crash | Comments
- UPDATE: Woodbridge Doctor James Magner Eliminated from 2016 WSOP | Comments
- BEACHCOMBING: ‘The History of America in Toys’ | Comments
- Rethinking Connecticut’s First War | Comments