According to a report cited in a Washington Post story, it costs $3,343 a year more for day care than for public college tuition in Connecticut.
Demonstrators took to the streets in Hartford, Stamford, Middletown, Torrington, West Haven and other Connecticut cities to bring attention to growing income inequality.
Aftermath of Massive Connecticut Fire: $3 Million in Damage, $18,000 in Overtime, 150 Firefighters, 25 Departments ...
Torrington's fire marshal said he expects to make a final ruling as early as the end of the week on the cause of the massive fire that destroyed a warehouse last week.
The UConn men became the national champions last night after they beat the Kentucky Wildcats 60-54. If the women’s team can beat Notre Dame tonight the UConn program will have another NCAA championship sweep—making them not just the only program to accomplish the feat, but also the only team to do it twice.
Just like the UConn men had converted big opportunities better than NCAA opponents, the women's team has that stat karma on its side big-time going into tonight's game.
About This Blog
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Connecticut Today (413)
- Connecticut Adds 11,500 Jobs in September, Unemployment at 6-Year Low | Comments
- Connecticut Hacker and Member of Anonymous Pleads Guilty | Comments
- New Haven Man Releases White Doves to Help People Grieve, Heal | Comments
- Yale Student Tests Negative for Ebola; CDC Confirmation Awaited | Comments
- Belief in Connecticut Vampires Motivated by 'Fear and Love' | Comments
- 'Sexy’ Connecticut Story: American Woolen Making Fabrics for Fashion, Here | Comments
- Crowds Flock to Chick-Fil-A’s Connecticut Opening | Comments
- 5 Best Things to Do in Connecticut This Weekend: Beer, Garlic & Chowder Fests, and More | Comments
- No Interest in Hershey's Connecticut Site Where Almond Joy Was Born | Comments
- Real Doll Behind Horror Movie ‘Annabelle’ Possessed, Lorraine Warren Tells Connecticut Audience | Comments