Jul 29, 2013
08:27 AM
Connecticut Today

One Connecticut City Cleared 50 Killings in 50 Years; Six Unsolved

One Connecticut City Cleared 50 Killings in 50 Years; Six Unsolved

City Hall in Milford from the city's website.

Six people died in Milford in the last 40 years whose killers got away--at least so far.

The cases involve a Bridgeport politician, a car salesman, a dismembered Asian male wrapped in a rug, a dismembered Hispanic man in a canvas bag, a 34-year-old from East Haven, and a 22-year-old from East Hartford.

These six killings are the only ones too vexing to solve among the approximately 50 slayings in Milford since the 1950s. But law enforcement officials say a case is never too old, and that detectives are constantly working on open homicides.

It took more than a decade, but in May, police all but closed the case of pregnant Kelsey Monahon, killed in her Wildemere Beach neighborhood in 2001, with the arrest of Luis A. Rodriguez.

And after six years, police arrested Matthew Pugh in 2012 for the 2006 killing of aspiring singer Alexandra Ducsay.

Tips came in as recently as March on the Miserendino and McCoy slayings, police spokesman Jeffrey Nielsen said. Detectives in Milford handle everything from burglaries to missing persons, but they also work on unsolved homicides.

“It’s a continual process,” Nielsen said. “With persistence and dedication, they get closure.

“The cases will never be closed.”

See the full story at the New Haven Register online.

One Connecticut City Cleared 50 Killings in 50 Years; Six Unsolved

Reader Comments

comments powered by Disqus
 
Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print Feed Feed