Dolls! Dolls! Dolls! All Cultures and Time Periods Converge at "Dolls: No Ordinary Playthings," on View at Bristol's New England Carousel Museum
See all your favorites, from Victorian fashion dolls to Raggedy Ann and Andy.
This month, Chris Wuerth of Hamden marks his 40th concert with bluegrass royalty—Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, performing Oct. 26
When asked how he responds to the question, “What do you do?” from a stranger, John Everett Scofield said he takes a simple approach: “Well, I’m a designer.”
Steve Martin, Phylicia Rashad, August Wilson and Athol Fugard Play Starring Roles at Long Wharf Theatre in 2013-14
Martin's acclaimed adaptation of the 1911 farce "The Underpants" kicks off the revered regional theater's 49th season Oct. 16.
Nicole Frechette might not be a coal miner’s daughter. But Nashville has still taken notice. As has Billboard Magazine. True, in her Shoreline childhood home, the radio did not play an endless loop of Grand Ole Opry broadcasts. At the dinner table, no one retold Minnie Pearl jokes. The 28-year-old, whose band will headline the Harvest Music Hoedown at Clinton’s Chamard Vineyards Sunday, did not address her parents as Mama and Daddy. Indeed, aside from an aunt she never knew and a grandmother who plays the organ and belts out songs “at the top of her lungs,” the striking blonde said at a recent interview, no one in her family is musical in any capacity. And yet there was Nikki Fresh, as her friends call her, singing since she could speak, singing...
About This Blog
- Arts & Entertainment (135)
- CPTV Documentary Looks at a Connecticut Version of Santa: Paul Newman | Comments
- Avon Native in Cast of Terrific "Fences" at Long Wharf Theatre in New Haven | Comments
- Ben Taylor Plays Connecticut; Tells Us Carly Simon Grooved on 'Thriller' | Comments
- Historic Shubert Theater in New Haven Has Ambitious New Owner | Comments
- 'Wendell Minor's America' at Norman Rockwell Museum: Glorious Images from Children's Literature | Comments
- The World According to Greenwich Artist Kees de Waal, 90, in Norwalk Exhibit | Comments
- Violin Virtuoso Sirena Huang to Play Sibelius With Hartford Symphony; We're Thinking Epiphany | Comments
- Connecticut's 'Christmas Town' Tree Lighting; Bethlehem Festival Starts Friday | Comments
- Tom Rush, 1960s Godfather of New England Folk Music, Comes to StageOne in Fairfield Dec. 8 | Comments
- Can Governor, Mark Twain Outglow Greenwich, Woodbury, Suffield, Fairfield With Holiday Houses? | Comments