While awaiting the major motion picture of her novel "The Good House," the New Milford author makes several local appearances to promote the paperback (we hope she throws in some banjo on the side). And yes, there's another novel on the way.
Nights at the Beekley Music Series, a concert series at the Licia & Mason Beekley Community Library in the center of New Hartford, has spent the last six years building a reputation as a music venue that specializes in singer/songwriters you probably haven’t heard of but should be checking out.
Conductor James Conlon leads the Philharmonia of Yale in a tour-de-force performance on Oct. 18.
Posted at 01:23 PM | Permalink
Dolls! Dolls! Dolls! All Cultures and Time Periods Converge at "Dolls: No Ordinary Playthings," on View at Bristol's New England Carousel Museum
See all your favorites, from Victorian fashion dolls to Raggedy Ann and Andy.
This month, Chris Wuerth of Hamden marks his 40th concert with bluegrass royalty—Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, performing Oct. 26
About This Blog
- Arts & Entertainment (193)
- Authors' Luncheon Unites Esteemed Writers on Issue of Domestic Violence | Comments
- Iraq Veteran, Ballet Dancer Roman Baca Brings Fallujah to West Hartford | Comments
- Like ‘Survivor’ as Horror Movie: Haunted Camping Coming to Connecticut | Comments
- Jeff Koons, Tommy Hilfiger, Connecticut Couple Craft ‘Fabergé’ Eggs for Hunt | Comments
- Notable Lincoln Center Concert’s Only Young Singers—From Connecticut | Comments
- UConn's Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry Opens New Location | Comments
- Fine Art & Flowers, Luxe Dining, Fashion in Wadsworth Atheneum Gala Weekend | Comments
- Arianna Huffington, Who Wants Us to Disconnect, Coming to New Haven for Read to Grow | Comments
- Cuban Art Show in New Canaan Explores Identity; Greenwich Collector Curates | Comments
- ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Series Stars Connecticut’s D.J. Cotrona; Tarantino Film Update | Comments