Among Connecticut’s oldest towns, Clinton turned 350 years old this year, and plans to throw a little party this weekend to celebrate.
John Godfrey’s need for speed has helped make him a fixture at Lime Rock Park.
"Abstract Recycling," on display through Sept. 21, explores how we can make beauty out of trash—and the damaging ecological footprint that trash leaves behind.
“You’re just a part of my soul. It’s something now I can’t control,” the rhythm and blues chanteuse Arika Kane sings in “Just a Plus.” Masters of the mainstream in the music world, take notice: This softer-voiced Mariah with substance, Connecticut native and marquee artist of the Stratford-based independent label BSE Recordings is part of the soul of a burgeoning fan base and she’s seizing the spotlight ...
Connecticut's Best Kept Musical Secret, And Force in Fight for World Peace, Has Special Concert Sunday
Did you know Connecticut is home to a band that—however indirectly—is a weapon in our nation’s fight for global peace and justice and against terrorism and oppression? That’s right, we’re the host state for the “premier band representing …. the Department of Homeland Security,” a band whose mission, in part, is to “preserve and honor the heritage, traditions and history of our nation.”
About This Blog
- Arts & Entertainment (131)
- 'Wendell Minor's America' at Norman Rockwell Museum: Glorious Images from Children's Literature | Comments
- The World According to Greenwich Artist Kees de Waal, 90, in Norwalk Exhibit | Comments
- Violin Virtuoso Sirena Huang to Play Sibelius With Hartford Symphony; We're Thinking Epiphany | Comments
- Connecticut's 'Christmas Town' Tree Lighting; Bethlehem Festival Starts Friday | Comments
- Tom Rush, 1960s Godfather of New England Folk Music, Comes to StageOne in Fairfield Dec. 8 | Comments
- Can Governor, Mark Twain Outglow Greenwich, Woodbury, Suffield, Fairfield With Holiday Houses? | Comments
- This Season, Hartford's TheaterWorks Gives Us Christmas Cheer with a Shot of Wry | Comments
- Holiday Lights at Lake Compounce in Bristol: Dazzling Seasonal Festivities | Comments
- Civil Rights Activist's African Art Collection Comes to Yale Museum | Comments
- Canaan Photographer Zetterstrom Shows 80's Images of China at Wesleyan | Comments